Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Perhaps I should keep an eye on my shoes

I missed this Housing Kaboom item from last week.

Inland Southern California lost a staggering 76,500 jobs last year, by far the most ever, as its unemployment rate climbed to almost 12 percent, the state reported Thursday.

However, this may be mixing apples and oranges - jobs in the Inland Empire vs. people in the Inland Empire who are employed. As a for-example, I lost a job in the Inland Empire almost two decades ago, the position was never filled, and I haven't had permanent employment in the Inland Empire since. But that's only part of the story, because my former employer has since relocated out of state, and because I have had steady work for most of the last two decades.

Outside of the Inland Empire.

blog comments powered by Disqus