Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Location of the Chino Hills earthquake

The USGS reports that the epicenter of the Chino Hills earthquake was at 33.955°N, 117.765°W.

Realizing that 33.955/117.765 is probably an approximation, we still get a good idea of the location. This places the earthquake in the hill area of Chino Hills.


View Larger Map

As you can see, the Western Hills Golf and Country Club is just north of the epicenter. If I were a golfer, I think I'd have an excuse to replay a hole that was played during the earthquake. Or, better still, to just go to the clubhouse and call it a day.

P.S. As of now, according to Caltrans, State Route 142 is open. This is understandable, since I don't think there was much if any damage, but I didn't know if they'd close the road as a precautionary measure.

blog comments powered by Disqus