Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast and Car Show in Ontario on June 7 - I never did say why Howard Snider was at my front door

Followup.

Last night someone knocked at my door, and my daughter went to answer it. Turns out that the person at the door was Howard Snider, former mayor of Ontario.

When he introduced himself, I replied, "I remember your bagels!" (I think the name of the company was Better Baked Bagels.)

But he wasn't there in a political or culinary capacity. He was promoting a charity event that the Ontario Kiwanis was sponsoring.

From Ontario's March 18, 2008 City Council minutes:

Rob Branson announced the Kiwanis Club pancake breakfast and Car Show on Euclid Avenue on June 7th. He said this year's event will be dedicated in memoriam to Loyal Nixon and he hopes everyone will come out as the money is donated to charities.

We will be unable to attend, but we bought a couple of tickets for my father in law and my nephew.

I've never interacted with the Ontario Kiwanis, but I've known three people who were in various Upland Kiwanis units in the 1980s.

blog comments powered by Disqus