Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why social media political campaigning is rapidly becoming a necessity

NOTE: THE VIEWS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE NOT INTENDED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OR AN OPPOSITION OF ANY CANDIDATE IN THE FORTHCOMING ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA MAYORAL ELECTION.

I have previously noted that current Ontario Mayor and mayoral candidate Paul Leon has an online presence, while mayoral candidate Frederick Minook does not.

Why is this important?

Because, as of this evening (August 24, 2010), if someone were to search Google to find out who the heck Frederick Minook is, my previous blog post on Frederick Minook would be the first search result that they would encounter.



In my blogging, I've tried to corner the market on obscure topics before, but I've never had the (theoretical) potential to affect the future of our great city.

Of course, I'll grant that most people don't make political decisions based on Google. But it's still scary to think that if someone isn't promoting their own cause, an interloper could come by and do it for them.

blog comments powered by Disqus