Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thoroughly Lutheran and totally tweetable

I found this in Ontario Now. For those who don't know, I'm a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, which tends to be on the conservative side of things, and is the Lutheran group that is somewhat likely to emphasize its Lutheran character.

But things are changing.

I'm not a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church in Ontario, but I do have various connections to the church and am interested in what the church does. Well, they're launching a new sermon series starting this Sunday:

The pastor at Redeemer Luthern Church in Ontario will be offering a new sermon series the next three weekend called "The Theology of Twitter."

And, wonder of wonders...

...they will be tweeting sermon points live from the services.

Now I'll confess that I've done this myself on occasion, but not from the pulpit.

Unfortunately, such a move isn't likely to get people into church, especially since you can follow the sermon points from anywhere via http://twitter.com/RedeemerOntario.

Providing, of course, that Twitter isn't down.

blog comments powered by Disqus