Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CGTheBrand

I assume that anyone with a Twitter account is getting more and more followers these days, as everyone pours into Twitter to establish a presence. Some people just kind of hop on to Twitter, while some people think about it a little more and incorporate Twitter into part of their overall plan.

I realized this when @CGTheGroup followed me, I followed them back, and I received a direct message in return. Now I don't really mind direct messages, but I have to confess that most of them are useless, at least to me. But this one was an exception. In the space of a direct message, it included:

  • Your usual thank you for following me thingie.

  • The statement "We specialize in Real Estate in the Inland Empire." Good to know.

  • A link to their blog.

  • A link to their website.
Now here's where the thought comes in - Claudia and Giovanny actually thought of their branding BEFORE they set up their accounts. (It took me a few tries to get this right myself.) Their website, like their Twitter account, is branded as CGTheGroup (http://www.cgthegroup.com/).

Their blog? http://www.cgtheblog.com/.

And I should also mention that the website and blog are both very well done, look nice, and are informative. The website design is credited to Agent Image, while the blog is "Powered by ImForza Marketing." While Imforza lists Agent Image as a client, both groups are part of The Design People, Inc.

Now I have no idea if Claudia and Giovanny's relationship extends beyond the professional - and frankly, it's none of my business - but if they do have a personal relationship, I just have one request: if you have a child, don't name it "CGTheKid." That would be a little TOO much branding...

blog comments powered by Disqus