Monday, December 1, 2008

State Route 142 is finally open

I often use State Route 142 (through Carbon Canyon) to get from Orange County to the Inland Empire in the evenings. However, I haven't been able to do so for a few weeks because of the southern California fires.

I haven't had to make this commute since last Tuesday due to the Thanksgiving holiday and other issues, but today it's Monday and I have to get home. I was therefore pleased to read this:

Fire Related State Highway Closures

ROAD CLOSURES AS OF MONDAY DECEMBER 1, 2008 AT 15:00 HRS

THERE ARE NO FIRE CLOSURES TO REPORT AT THIS TIME


I don't know exactly when State Route 142 was opened, but it's open now.

And if you want more information about Carbon Canyon (including fire information), check the Carbon Canyon Chronicle blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus