Friday, November 15, 2013

No new news regarding the 2008 murder of Santiago Contreras

As I caught up on all of the McStay news this morning, I began wondering about another unsolved murder - one that I blogged about way back in 2008, when I wrote an "mrontario" blog devoted solely to the city of Ontario.

In that blog, I wrote a post on Monday, February 18 about one Santiago Contreras.

Santiago Contreras was kidnapped in front of his family Monday afternoon at 2:20 pm. The family itself had been held hostage for several hours, awaiting Contreras' arrival.

A few days later, his body was found, amid reports of drug trafficking involvement by a brother-in-law.

However, I have found no mention of Contreras since February 2008, and even the 2008 mentions at the San Bernardino Sun and Inland Valley Daily Bulletin web pages no longer exist.

It turns out that over 30 percent of all murders go unsolved. Will the McStay murders also fall into that category?

blog comments powered by Disqus