Monday, October 3, 2011

(empo-tymshft) Remember record stores?

How much things have changed. Based upon a post by David Allen and a subsequent comment by Bruce R Kilgour, there is exactly one place within the Victoria Gardens mall where you can buy compact discs. Hot Topic. Although their selection is Hot Topic-y, understandably. ("Where's the Slim Whitman?") Things were certainly different when I first moved to Southern California. I remember when "there was a place called Licorice Pizza that didn't sell food." But I did most of my shopping at Wherehouse or Music Plus, unless I made the trip to Brea to go to Tower Records. You can still get CDs, of course. Wal-Mart has a few, and you can probably get some at a car wash. I wonder if Rhino Records in Claremont still sells vinyl?

blog comments powered by Disqus