Monday, May 23, 2011

San Bernardino Railroad Historical Society

When I began BBS'ing 20 years ago, I met a man who worked for the (then) Santa Fe railroad. We still keep in touch a bit via Facebook, and his wife is a fellow Gardens of Time player. I couldn't help but notice that she has a train in her garden.

One night I was scanning through YouTube videos of the Inland Empire, and I found several videos of Santa Fe 3751. I figured there had to be some significance to that particular train...and there is.

[T]he San Bernardino Railroad Historical Society (SBRHS) ... is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization founded in 1981 and dedicated to the preservation of Santa Fe Railroad operating and mechanical documentation and the maintenance and operation of former Santa Fe steam locomotive 3751.

Past contributions and volunteer power have helped transform steam locomotive 3751 from a rusting display in a park into one of the country's premier passenger steam locomotives.


The website is http://www.sbrhs.org/. And here's one of the videos. Spot the train enthusiasts.

blog comments powered by Disqus