I had to find the phone number for Cagle's Appliances in Ontario, so I went to Google to find it.
Now on the one hand, I appreciate the integration that Google has performed between locations and nearby transportation systems, and I can certainly verify that you can get to Cagle's by walking from the Ontario Amtrak station.
But as much as I admire Cagle's, I don't think that people are going to be taking a long-distance train to get there. However, should you be a Tucson, Arizona resident who is looking for a California appliance store, here's how the Sunset Limited can meet your transportation needs.
- Board the Sunset Limited in Tucson on Tuesday evening. It currently departs at 10:30 pm, but this may change when daylight saving time ends.
- Disembark at Ontario at 6:21 am Wednesday morning.
- Take your time walking east on Holt to Cagle's. Maybe you could stop somewhere for breakfast.
- When Cagle's opens at 8:30, go ahead and head on in. Take your time browsing around. But don't take too much time.
- Be sure you're back at the train station to board the eastbound train on Wednesday at 3:34 pm. (You did stop for lunch on Holt, didn't you?)
- You're back in Tucson at 12:06 am on Thursday, give or take an hour depending upon time changes. But you have some new appliances!
Note, however, that the Sunset Limited only runs three days a week. And since Cagle's is closed on Sundays, which is one of the days that the Sunset Limited is in Ontario, there are only two days a week in which you can take the Sunset Limited for your shopping excursion. So plan carefully.
Or if the train trip doesn't work for you, Cagle's is a short cab ride away from Ontario International Airport.
View Larger Map