Friday, June 12, 2009

There's RED in that flag

This is a bit personal, but I'm going to tell you a long-running joke that I have with a certain Finnish person of my acquaintance. This Finn has a birthday on June 14, but instead of wishing her a happy birthday every year, I make a point of wishing her a happy Flag Day. Never mind that Flag Day is an American holiday, not a Finnish holiday.

Well, this year I can tell her that the Pomona Elks are throwing a party in her honor:

A barbecue luncheon marking Flag Day will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. June 14, organized by the Pomona Elks.

The event will include a 2 p.m. flag ceremony carried out by several Scout troops, according to a statement from the Elks.


The celebration will be at 695 E Foothill Blvd.


View Larger Map

But somehow I don't think they'll be honoring this flag.



Flag of Finland from Wikimedia Commons, public domain

blog comments powered by Disqus