Sunday, June 28, 2009

Empoprise-IE News - 28 June 2009

Empoprise-IE News


The news letter for Empoprise-IE - An Empoprises vertical information service for Inland Empire (California) news.



Welcome to Empoprise-IE News

I apologize for not getting a newsletter out this past week, but here we are, back again to chronicle Inland Empire things.

Behind the Scenes

The reason that I didn't get a newsletter out was because a week ago I wasn't IN the Inland Empire. I was across the country in Atlantic City, New Jersey. That in itself is no excuse, but with trip prep and all I didn't get around to it.

Incidentally, I try to fly out of Ontario when I can, but for this trip I decided to fly directly into Atlantic City, which limited my choices. I ended up flying from LAX to Atlanta, and then taking the one daily AirTran flight from Atlanta to Atlantic City - a flight that didn't even exist a few weeks ago.

In retrospect, I should have flown into Philadelphia and taken a shuttle to Atlantic City. As it turns out, shuttles from Philadelphia to Atlantic City cost less than the shuttle from my Ontario home to LAX. Lesson learned.

Special Features

Not that I didn't write about the Inland Empire while I was away. I guess the post that hit me the most was my P.T.O. = Profit Takes Over post. On one level there's no difference between ripping off school kids and ripping off corporate executives - theft is theft - but it's a bitter lesson for kids to learn that people can do bad things. I vaguely remember a similar thing happening in a Cub Scout pack when I was growing up. Sad.

Upcoming

Complete this phrase: "Do it in a ______."

blog comments powered by Disqus