Sunday, May 31, 2009

Empoprise-IE News - 31 May 2009

Empoprise-IE News


The news letter for Empoprise-IE - An Empoprises vertical information service for Inland Empire (California) news.



Welcome to Empoprise-IE News

You knew this was going to happen. I started a "newsletter" for my Empoprise-BI blog, so I'm rolling the idea out elsewhere. I anticipate that this will come out weekly and discuss various items related to my Empoprise-IE Inland Empire blog. You can come to http://empoprise-ie.blogspot.com/ to read it, or you can read it via an RSS feed or email (go to the blog and subscribe via RSS or email by going to the appropriate item in the upper left corner of the blog).

Behind the Scenes

Today's "behind the scenes" is pretty self-referential - how long have I lived in the Inland Empire?

Well, I've lived in the Inland Empire longer than I've lived anywhere else - over a quarter century at last count. I moved to Upland a few months after my college graduation to take a job with a small company in Rancho Cucamonga, and I have lived in either Upland or Ontario ever since. I'm the kind of person who likes to settle in a place, and if I were spirited away to Olten, Switzerland tomorrow I'd probably grow to love the place, but I will say that I definitely enjoy living in the Inland Empire - close enough to a major city but yet a bit removed from it. And for the most part you can't beat the weather.

Special Features

Well, a long-retired special feature.

If you only started reading the blog recently, you may not know that I used to have a daily feature called "Empoprise-IE Rooster," which published at 6:00 am every day. And I mean EVERY day. Basically conceived as an idea to get daily content into my blog, these were short posts that contained links to various Inland Empire-related websites. I started this on Thursday, May 15, 2008, and continued it almost every day until Wednesday, July 9, 2008. While the series is long since gone, I've continued the tradition of trying to publish an Empoprise-IE post at 6:00 am every weekday.

To see the whole series (plus a couple of other items), go here.

Upcoming

I have a few things in the queue for the upcoming week, but I want to mention one of them in particular. Probably on Monday morning, I will run a post that looks at California Attorney General Jerry Brown's fraud allegations against a locally-based charity, the California Organization of Police and Sheriffs. It turns out that the allegations aren't new, but Brown is now seeking to dissolve the charity.

In addition to the COPS story, I have a post queued up on former Chaffey High football star (and USC Trojan and Cincinnati Bengal) Anthony Muñoz, and one discussing the local effect of the state park closure proposal.

As always, if you have any questions, contact me in the usual places or at my "empoprises" account which the Gmail folks host for me.

blog comments powered by Disqus