Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted. What's next? (Empoprise-IE)

[Note: this is a rare cross-post between the mrontemp and Empoprise-IE blogs.]

I went to my polling place in Ontario this morning. Although it was more crowded than I have ever seen it, I'm really comparing apples and oranges, since I usually vote at 7:00 am but voted at 7:35 am this year. They handed out ballots by last name, and luckily the A-F last name line was very short.

I then went on to Starbucks after voting and got my free tall coffee. Thanks to Franklin Avenue for the tip.

As my long-time readers know, my blogs tend to go in spurts depending upon what is happening in my life at the moment. They get really techy around Oracle OpenWorld time, they'll get really theatrical next week, but today they'll obviously be political. So here's how things will probably divvy up as the day, and evening, progresses:

So there you have it. Stay tuned. And if you're American, vote. (I truly believe that a vote cast in the wrong way is better than a vote that is not cast at all.)

P.S. Because I voted, I was late coming to work and heard a bit of Rush Limbaugh in the car. I'll grant him one good line; he claimed that it took Obama 15 minutes to vote because he was looking for the place where he could vote "Present."

blog comments powered by Disqus