I am now back from my day trip to the Los Angeles County Fair. If you haven't already done so, please take the time to view my posts written before and during my fair visit:
- A post for the cartographically-challenged businesses, Um...WHERE is Fairplex again?
- A picture post from Building 9, one of the indoor exhibit halls.
- A Jersey cow picture.
- A series of three pictures of the pig races, sponsored by Ralphs, including a picture of a pig race itself.
- The descriptive post Milking a goat.
- A picture of the Hawaiian-themed home & garden exhibit.
- Parking at Fairplex is now a minimum of $10. You have to wonder - does Fairplex really need the parking revenue? One of the reasons that I haven't attended a lot of functions at Fairplex is because the parking often costs as much as the admission to the event itself.
- There are diverging opinions on the commercial exhibits. Some people love them, and to them the commercial booths are the highlight of the fair. As for me, I could easily do without them; some of the commercial hawkers are as bad as the carnies in terms of obnoxiousness.
- One of the people in our party is on a restricted diet, which pretty much means that we had to bring in outside food. Luckily, Fairplex doesn't really mind if you bring in outside food; the only things to which they object are glass bottles, metal cans, and alcohol. Some places insist that you only eat food bought within their confines; Fairplex isn't doing that.
- Take any food. And I mean ANY food. Go ahead, think of a food right now.
- Take the words "Deep-fried" and put them BEFORE the food name.
- Take the words "on a stick" and put them AFTER the food name.
[8:45 PM - THESE ARE JUST MY OBSERVATIONS. SEE THE OBSERVATIONS OF OTHERS.]