Monday, August 11, 2008

Another photography item - Claremont Camera is no more

OK, just after writing about Thomas Hawk, I have another photography item in my blog. However, this one is sad.

I am not much of a photographer, but my wife has some talent in this area. She would get some of her photographic equipment and supplies at Claremont Camera on Foothill Boulevard.

According to the Claremont Insider, she won't be able to do that any more:

Saturday marked the end of an era as Claremont Camera, closed three weeks ago, auctioned its remaining stock and fixtures.

After 30-some years in business the store could not withstand the shift away from film to digital photography.


I don't know if the management had problems adjusting, but the advent of the digital age doesn't mean that camera expertise is no longer needed.

Trust me.

blog comments powered by Disqus